Thursday, December 22, 2005

No Time

So, it's been a while seens I have blogged.(At least that is what my brother keeps reminding me) Well, where oh where do I begin. Last I left my multitudes of eager readers of 2 maybe 1, I was griping about shopping for Christmas. Well, not much has happened seens then. Except maybe my saddest birthday ever. When I was a young lad, I use to celebrate birthdays with more hoopla and pizzaz. I'm talking clubbing with freinds, alcohol pored all night, doing my "HAMMER TIME" moves on the dance floor...then topping it with late night eatings at an undisclosed local diner. And if luck happens to come my way that night.....well, let's just leave it at that.
Fast forward 10 years later....picture in your mind a house in suburban San Diego; decent neighborhood; 2 story with a 3 car garage. (No pets...yet) Inside, a man is celebrating is 36th birthday. Surrounded by his wife, child, sister, nieces and nephew, and brothers with their respected spouses, as well as in-laws. In the dinning area conversation between my brother in lawa can be heard about how interesting my minianture village looks (don't ask, that in it self is another story). Then I hear one whisper to the other....."This is so gay", fortunately, the person he whispered it to was me. Now, I admit that it is a little gay in sort of festive 50 years old man way, but damit, I was proud of the little village I built for my son. Nobody cared. Well, as if the night was not exciting enough, my wonderfull sister proceded to bring out the birthday cake with a picture of myself possing like a retard. Everybody got a big kick out it, and they laught and laught while I cried inside. Ok maybe I didn't cry inside, but I wanted to.
Then as if that is not enough, my older brother decides that it was ok to invite a guy that nobody knows to demonstrate a new business he was getting into. So, for the next 2 hours or so, this guy tried to sell us VACUME!!! yes .....VACUME!!!! on my birthday.

Yes, I think that was definetly the lowest note in my Birthday history. But, I look at it this way, this year won't be too difficult to top for sure.

No comments: