Saturday, December 10, 2005

Power Shopping

When my wife proposed we take a day off to do some Christmas Shopping, I was all for it. 3 weeks before Christmas sounds like the perfect time to get it done. Because one of the things I absolutely hate is "Last Minute" shopping. It never fails, It's always the day before Christmas and we are out in the mall getting something for someone we forgot or changing gift ideas for another. It's ridiculous. Ok, take a death breath....."WOOOSAAAAAA"
So, anyways, after dropping off my kid, we where off. We started at Marshalls and 3 hours later, we ended up at Fashion Valley for another 4 hours. You would think that's enough time, but I was sadly mistaken. To be fair, it is hard to shop for people now a days. If you don't have a list or at least an idea what to get someone, and you decide to walk around hoping things will just pop out when you see it, you are sadly mistaken. You end up getting lost in this place between heaven and hell. At the end you will not have anything for anyone but yourself. So, long story short, Take it from SANTA; make a list, check it twice....That's your best bet. Back to my story......."Shop till you drop" was our mantra. How women do it will always amaze me. We where able to kill off most of the names on the list, but with a few exceptions. Overall, we accomplished a lot, and I think we will do this again next year. Unless we move to Wyoming or something....then we don't have to worry anymore. Good luck with that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Quick question... what... pray tell... is a "death breath"?

take a death breath....."WOOOSAAAAAA"

I mean really? That's just macabre.