Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Early reflection of 2005


I know its early to start looking back on 2005, but I can't help thinking where this year for me went. I was talking to my brother the other day, and we where thinking about things that stood out this year, and it actually took me a while to remember any outstanding experience. Maybe its because these last few months have been filled with negative news. Obviously, the loss of a good friend to cancer was the main downer for this year. Another close friend of mine lost his job and might have to move away. My mothers continual struggle to accept the fact that money does not grow on tree's and retirement on a fixed income does not mean unlimited spending spree. OK, that was uncalled for; sorry mom. Well, we did do some interesting things early in the year. My son started preschool this year...Over $800 a month for school...That's insane. We where able to also do a family getaway, we used our "Points" for 2 free nights stay at a Hotel in Seattle,WA. We even upgraded to the "Meg Ryan" Sweet. Apparently, when they where filming the movie "Sleepless in Seattle", that was the room that she stayed in. (Wow, that was useless trivia).

Okay, so what else...We visited family in the bay area. Note, try not to accept family offers to stay at their home. Its better to get your own hotel and transportation....Just trust me on that one. Oh, yeah...I won two trophies for playing golf with 2 of my buddies. I mean it' s pretty pathetic, I got these guys into golf a couple of years ago, and now they are even better than I am. Not that I was any good. But when it came down to it, I actually am better when it came to game time. So, here is how it started; at first it was about money...$20 per person for a total of $80 pot. Then we took it to the next level by buying trophies, and having home courses and naming tournaments....I mean its crazy. You would think that we where shooting around the 80's or even 90's, ....Try 105 the last game. But its all good. You know its fun, and that's what counts. I cannot wait to have my son go out there with me. Well, I guess more things to look forward to.
Maybe we can grow this thing, and make something out of it, who know. Well, more to come later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read your post and was very touched by it. By the way, my name is Mel and I sell Golf Supplements. Please Visit my site today www.golfsupplements.com. Hahahah, sorry man, I thought that comment on the Jordan post was a little uncalled for.