Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Complacent and Lathargic

It's about 10:30 pm, and I took a break from working to put some thoughts in. Recently, I had a good friend FINALLY leave. He stayed with me for almost 6 months. Not something I anticipated or was prepared for. I'm so thankful to my wife for being so understanding. Even though I know, she was not happy with the situation. I felt bad for my 5 year old son, who had to put up with our guest.

What came out of this experience was realizing how much it interrupted my life. I apparently am not the person than can kick this guy out of my home. I was never good at ending things or . I was not the type that just "Tells you like it is". I tackled problem internally, and avoided confrontation as much as possible. Don't get me wrong, I'm a "GO GETTER" kinda guy, but it seems that I always just try to brush off every problem by ignoring it, until its either a bigger problem or it's sometimes too late to solve. It's my biggest weakness.

Gotta get more "TOUGH" with life. When I do decide to tackle problems head on, It always seems to turn out better than what I thought it would be. It just seems that sometimes, things just pile up, and then you just Freeze and do nothing at all.

Back to this friend of mine. I was literally in a state of "Hold" with my life when he was here. It was so liberating when he left, that I told myself this situation will never happen again. I have to say NO or I have to set LIMITS. Not just to him, but to certain things I do in life. I have to know my limits when it comes to my clients. I have to say NO to taking clients that are just not going to be very productive for my business. I have to be able to "TELL PEOPLE" how I really feel, and stand firm. Indecisive is such a destroyer of my progress. Sometimes, it's better to say Yes or No rather than a maybe or not sure, or especially no response.

Going to try to work on that. My livelihood depends on it.

No comments: