Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Capitulation




That's been the word I have been saying for the last few days. I think it means when everyone is selling their stocks, then experts say that we are near or at bottom of the market. I think that's true. 2 Fridays ago, the market dropped to 700 or so, and the following Monday it went up 1000 points. After that it has been up and down. Must be profit taking mixed with panic selling.

Capitulation or not, this economy has taken it's toll on almost everyone I know. Things that you would not think twice about buying last year, now warranted a second thought.

But we have to stay optimistic. We can only go up at this point. On to another subject.....Turning 40 seems to be a hot topic among some friends that I had coffee with last Sunday morning. I asked the question " what do you want to do before turning 40?". So, here is the list:
1) Alvin still wants to do a fantasy football camp with USC trojans
2) Fidencio wants to join a band (Not the marching type)
3) Patrick wants to do a stand up comedy act
4) Mark wants to spend more time with friends (I know, we called him on that). But, he is still thinking.
5) For me, I wanted to buy that damn SUBMARINER Rolex that I have been eying for the last 10-12 years. This thing's price keeps going up every year. Imagine that.







So, we marked the date, and we set forth to try and accomplish our goals. We will see what happens. Check back with you in just a little over 14 months from now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Goals shouldn't be accomplished by a certain age. They should just simply get accomplished.

Rufino2 said...

Your Face should be accomplished. Ha!